January 27, 2017
Today as I came into the hospital today it was pretty slow in the Emergency Room. However, after I came back from my lunch break - I heard that someone decided AMA. In medical terms, this means that they discharged themselves Against Medical Advice (AMA). However, after the patient discharged himself he began walking out of the ER doors, then he stumbled and fell over. When he dropped, he hit his head against the concrete ground and continued to lay on the floor as nurses tried to pick him up. Even after the fall, he still continued to refuse medical treatment and asked Vallet to go get his car. It was very difficult to see someone refuse medical treatment, because it could just be because they cannot afford it - which is very sad. But yet again, the hardest part of the job, I would say, is separating your feelings from the patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment