February 7th 
Today as I arrived at the hospital, there was a mass confusion on what was going on. As I walked in, their was a different security guard manning the post, but he did not have the clicker to open the door or the spectra (hospital  phone) - therefore I knew something was up. As I arrived, the security guard actually had to leave to go help with the situation at hand, so i took it upon myself to go cover the post until I heard further news. About 5 minutes went by, and then the normal officer came back explaining to me that they received a combative patient, and they needed all hands on board to try and relocate him and restrain him. He also thanked me for taking into my own hands to cover the post even though I had no idea what was going on. Then the head of security came out and thanked me as well for not asking questions or panicking, and getting right to the post to help out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment